Stir fries are popular in our house and this easy chicken noodle stir fry is no exception. It takes minutes to prepare and not much longer to cook,so I can have the dish on the table in about 20 minutes. Chop sticks are optional.
When making stir fries it is a good idea to prepare all the ingredients as directed in the ingredient list first. That way, when you come to cook, you have them all ready to go into the pan at the right time. Come to think of it, it is a good idea to weigh out and prepare the ingredients first for any dish you are making, especially if you are a beginner or trying something new. For this dish, slice the chicken and put it in the marinade first. It will be ready to use once you have prepared all the other ingredients.
Step by step easy chicken noodle stir fry
Easy Chicken Noodle Stir Fry
- 300 g chicken breast fillets cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 –3cm piece root ginger grated
- 4 tbsp rice wine or dry sherry
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce optional
- 200 g fine egg noodles
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 150 g sugar snap peas
- 1 red pepper seeded and sliced
- 150 g baby corn
- 100 g bean sprout
- 6 spring onions cut into 2–3cm lengths
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- coriander leaves to garnish
Place the chicken in a shallow dish and stir in the garlic, ginger, sherry, soy and chilli sauce if using. Allow to marinate for a few minutes while preparing the other ingredients.
Place the noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water allow to stand.
Remove the chicken from it’s marinade and toss in the cornflour.
Heat the oil in a large wok or frying pan and add the chicken, toss over the heat until browned on all sides.
Add all the sugar snap, peppers and baby corn, and stir fry for about 5 minutes until they just tender. Next add the beansprouts and spring onions and toss over together over high heat for a minute or two.
Stir in any remaining marinade, stock and honey. Drain the noodles and add to the pan. Cook stirring until the sauce is thickened slightly. Serve garnished with coriander leaves.
Hints, Tips and Variations
One of the reasons this is a popular dish in our household is because it is so easy to vary according to what I have to hand.
- Vary the vegetables For example: I often have a few carrots in the the fridge so I cut these into sticks and add them. Use any colour pepper, mangetout instead of sugar snaps, shredded cabbage instead of beansprouts, or thinly sliced regular onions instead of spring onions.
- Add a little chopped fresh chilli if you like your stir fries spicy.
- Garnish with chopped parsley instead of coriander.
- Use pork, beef, or lamb instead of chicken.
- Use rice oodles instead of egg noodles or even tagliatelle or spaghetti if you do not have any noodles.
I’m linking this recipe up to