Feta stuffed chicken takes just 15-20 minutes to prepare and less than 30 minutes to cook. It is a simple to make one pot chicken recipe packed full of flavour. It not only makes a great midweek meal, it is the perfect recipe for easy entertaining.
Feta Stuffed ChickenJump to Recipe
One of the things I love about this recipe is how easy it is to tweak according to what you have to hand. I originally planned to use some chopped sun-dried tomatoes with the feta but I didn’t have any. I did find a jar of olive and sun-dried tapenade in the cupboard – as you do! so used that instead. I only used a little, the rest was eaten later. Some stirred into pasta and some on toast. If you don’t have a jar and don’t want to buy one by all means use something else – see my hints tips and variations below. If on the other hand you want to go the whole hog and make your own tapenade you could try Delia’s tapenade of sun dried tomatoes, olive and basil.
Step by Step Feta Stuffed Chicken
Tender chicken breasts stuffed with feta and tapenade. Cooked in one pan this recipe is quick and easy to make and very tasty. Serve with sautéd or new potatoes and a side vegetable or salad for a delicious satisfying meal.
- 4 chicken breasts skinned and boned
- 100 g feta cheese (4oz)
- 1 tbsp olive and sun-dried tomato tapenade
- 50 g Pancetta diced (2oz)
- 2 tbsp double cream (optional)
- chopped fresh parsley
Cut the chicken breast almost in half horizontally and open out.
Cut the feta into 4 sticks and place one stick on each chicken breast. Top with a small teaspoonful of tapenade.
Close up the chicken and secure with cocktail sticks.
Fry the pancetta in a pan until crispy and the fat has rendered. Remove from the pan with a draining spoon.
Brown the chicken in the pan then return the pancetta to the pan. Add 2-3 tbsp water. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until juices run clear.
Remove from the pan. Increase the heat and boil to reduce the liquid in the pan. Stir in cream if desired.
Taste and season the sauce. Serve with sauce spooned over the chicken and sprinkled with parsley.
Hint’s, Tips and Variations
- Use olive tapenade, pesto, red pesto or chopped sun-dried tomatoes in place of the sun-dried tomatoes and olive tapenade.
- Change the cheese you use; mozzarella or Emmental work particularly well.
- I love the extra flavour the pancetta adds, you could use bacon lardons or chopped bacon instead or omit altogether if preferred.
- If you omit the pancetta add a little stock instead of plain water to add flavour.
- Taste the sauce before seasoning it may not need any salt.
- I have listed the cream as optional but I think it is better with, than without. You could use Cremè Fraïche instead but don’t use single cream as it may curdle.
More Chicken Recipes Made Easy
I am linking this recipe up to this #CookBlogShare week 20