The glaze for these delicious hot and spicy chicken wings is made from just four ingredients that you probably have in the kitchen anyway. Lining the baking tray with foil seriously makes a difference when it comes to washing up, so I really recommend that you do so.
Because my boys really like spicy food I have used a hot chilli sauce by Encona. You could, however, use a milder sauce if your prefer. I personally like them better with just 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce in the mix because I am a chilli wimp. They taste great served with rice and salad, oven roasted chips or a baked potato.
What ever you serve them with, make sure you have plenty of napkins. This is casual finger licking food and you are going to need them!
Step by step Hot and Spicy Chicken Wings
- 12 to 16 chicken wings
- 2 tbsp chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 3 tbsp brown fruity sauce
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas mark 6.
- If the chicken wings still have the tips on them, trim with a sharp knife so that the wings are a V shape.
- Combine the chilli sauce, ketchup, fruity sauce, vinegar and honey in a small dish until well blended. Brush all over the chicken wings.
- Line a large baking sheets with foil (this avoids messy washing up). Arrange the chicken wings in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until cooked through.